Old August 25th 03, 06:37 PM
Phil

Dwaine,

The Canadian amateur exams are probably not as difficult as you may
think. The Radio Amateurs of Canada have an excellent book available
to help you to study for the Basic exam (you can buy one at any
Hamfest, or from the RAC directly at www.rac.ca.) The RAC site can
also help you find an examiner in your area when you're ready to give
the test a try. The Basic exam consists of 100 questions covering
basic electronic theory, radio and antenna theory, radio regulations,
etc. - a pass mark is 60%.

Industry Canada, those happy folks who issue Amaueur licences up here
, have test test generator software that you can download at:

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/inter...f05378e.htmlOn

These questions are presented in the same format that you will see on
your exam. The generator software will put together 100
randomly-selected questions, let you know if your answer was correct
as you answer each question (and indicate the correct answer if you
selected a wrong answer), and score your exam as you go.

You can do it - Go for it!

Phil

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:20:26 GMT, Dwaine Garden
wrote:

Bobby wrote:
Hello all,

I'm only 22 years old and interested in anything electronic. Computers,

I'm 29 and study. I'm still wondering what the exams will look like.
In Canada, there are really tough, for what people told me.

Dwaine.