Old February 25th 05, 04:39 AM
Buck

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:58:43 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote:

"Justín Käse" wrote in message
I'm considering adding an IF filter to my 706, and am trying to decide
between the 1.9kc or the 2.8kc width for use on SSB.
Has anyone any experience with either/both?
FL-103 2.8kc
FL-223 1.9kc

--

JK

Not with the 706 per se, however you basically need to decide if you want
decent quality or hi pitched un-natural voice.

2.8 is a good choice for a decent sounding SSB signal. 1.9 would be good
for digging one out of the noise.

If the 706 is switchable for those choices, get them both.

Dan/W4NTI

I believe you can only add two filters. One can be for CW and one for
SSB or both for one mode.

Thanks
Buck
--