Old February 25th 05, 01:19 PM
ml

Default antenna work help

I thought this may or may not be a good place to post but not sure
where elese i'd go

The other day I managed to put up my antenna on the roof.Looks beautiful
up there, I thought that was the hard part...

murphys law applied , got in over my head ,

My plan was to drop the coax down a floor mounted vent shaft about
2'x2'. the tv and sat cables are routed this was my plan was to just
copy this method

however it has a 'cap' on it with flashing etc to waterproof it, i
can't remove it , i am not a roofer or a pro installer.

therfore my plan on wiggling the coax into the hole (which i can do)
and then downwards into the shaft failed it was too stiff to turn the
tv guys must have removed the cap

that cap needs to be removed

question

does anyone know of a really good licensced/insured/bonded prefessional
either roofer that can assist me in removing the vent cap and replacing
it OR a cable installer that can handle removing this kind of stuff
and droping the cable down the shaft

i must use a pro' since the building just spent a million on a new roof
and got a waterproff warantee that prohibits them from just doing what
ever i must be profissional

i know this is outside of the favor catagory and i am understanding this
is a for hire job

i am in the Bronx , NY should anyone know of any good such contractors

the vent shaft is straight so i would suspect after that cap is removed
the coax can be droped down the vent and pulled out on my floor vent
along w/all the other coax i mean if the cable tv and sat tv guys
could do it ..

scope of work

remove sheet metal vent cap flashed in and waterprofed, drop cables
down vent to my floor along side of the existing cables , replace vent
cap as it was
pull cable out of vent hole where other tv cable are on my floor
end scope of work

any recomendations for good people/companies is appreciated

thanks email can go to

myles remove this at, dti , dot net