Old August 28th 03, 08:29 PM
BigBill

Mots of the time coils just don't come untuned, why do you need to turm
them.
Another Goldenscrewdriver tech.

"Scott Schrader" wrote in message
try alcohol first for solvent, it should not mangle coil forms. if that
doesn't work, a paintbrush with a little bit of acetone is the next step
for solvent.

Irv Finkleman wrote:

K5DH wrote:

I am restoring an old Kris 23+ tube-type CB radio.
As with most Japanese-made CB gear from that era,
the coil slugs are held in place with some sort of
glossy white paint-like sealer. How do I dissolve
that sealer without damaging the coil forms? I'm
unable to budge the slugs with a diddle stick, and
I don't want to risk fracturing a slug by trying
to force them.

73,
Dean K5DH

Usually a drop of solvent will loosen them. If the coil
forms are plastic it might be a problem, but you can test the
solvent on the end of the form first.
--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001

http://members.shaw.ca/finkirv5/
Irv Finkleman,
Grampa/Ex-Navy/Old Fart/Ham Radio VE6BP
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

-- If it's a "new economy," why do they want my obsolete old money?