Old February 26th 05, 05:42 AM
Larry Brasfield

"Reg Edwards" wrote in
message ...
The phrase "output impedance" in connection with amplifiers is ambiguous and
likely to result in arguments.

I suppose the same could be said of any block that is
susceptible to having some feedback put around it.
Therefore the term "output impedance" should never
be used at all. And of course, any term that could, or
has ever been known to lead to an argument, with any
uninformed person that might come along, should be
eliminated from our vocabulary.

Uuugh. Mmmmph. Me drag woman to cave by hair.

The correct description is "internal impedance" or "internal resistance" and
should always be used.

Nonsense.

If I wanted to speak of an impedance inside of some
circuit, I might loosely speak of it as "internal", but in
any useful discussion, it would be spoken of as either
an output impedance or an input impedance, and, with
most people I have such discussions with, there would
be no need to add that some unknown additional feed-
back not part of the present discussion could alter the
observable impedance.

I hope your post was a troll.

--
--Larry Brasfield