Old February 26th 05, 05:56 AM
Joe Analssandrini

Hello.

I should like to also add that I do not believe that, for most owners
of portable radios, SSB is THE priority. I believe that most people who
own these radios use them to tune in the major broadcasters to hear
news with a different "slant," commentaries, occasional "exotic"
musical shows, and occasional DXing.

That said, BOTH radios have synchronous selectable sideband circuitry
which is extremely important in making world band transmissions
pleasant to hear. It may be the most important advance in short wave
receivers in the last twenty or so years.

I could, of course, be wrong in my assessment of what is desired, but,
if what I say is correct in Alfard's case, then definitely a NEW
ICF-SW7600GR is the way to go, in my opinion.

Best,

Joe

P.S. There have indeed been many "horror" stories told by people who
have bought "used" radios. I know that many more people have been
satisfied, but the question always remains: why did the original owner
"get rid" of the unit?