Old February 26th 05, 03:05 PM
Buck

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 04:11:18 GMT, robert casey
wrote:

2) General Class (Upgrade Techs upon renewal, change of
address, etc.)
Top 2/3 of each cw and ssb band on HF 160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17,
15, 12, and all 10 meters. Max Power 500 Watts (even in
novice bands)

Power levels are hard to enforce from a remote listening
post. Frequency is easily enforced; that's why they
do subbands for differing license grades.

Full 60 Meter as regulated.
All V/UHF priviliges up to 500 watts.

3) Amateur Extra Class (Upgrade Advanced upon renewal etc.)
All HF VHF and UHF priviliges with 1500 watts. (except 60 or
others as regulated.)
Require element 1 and the same tough exam.

THe FCC was thinking that if they get rid of code tests,
that would reduce workload and administration duties.
Keeping code for extras and not generals doesn't get
them this. In which case they may decide to leave things
as is.

This may create incentives for upgrade and reward those who do so.

Earn your priviliges. It isn't impossible.

Just be sure that the things one needs to do to earn the
privileges are revalent to modern ham radio.

I haven't made the proposal and if I did I suspect it would fall on
deaf ears. regardless, it was/is nothing more than my opinion about
something I would think is fair for Amateur Radio with incentive
licensing. without incentive licensing, take one general class exam
and become extra without code.

When it comes to the code/no code debate, my response has been
changed. Lately when someone tries to argue it my response has been
"Do away with all code,not for the good of amateur radio, but so this
25 year argument will finally come to an end.

Your points may be valid, but I can't say what the FCC can and can't
figure out with their equipment. Their equipment is more
sophisticated than most of what I have seen or used.

Buck
--
For what it's worth.