Old February 26th 05, 07:40 PM
Phil Kane

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:05:47 -0500, Buck wrote:

Your points may be valid, but I can't say what the FCC can and can't
figure out with their equipment. Their equipment is more
sophisticated than most of what I have seen or used.

Take it from me that measuring the frequency and occupied
bandwidth of a signal is much easier and more efficient for field
enforcement) than making a measurement of transmitter power. The
former can be accomplished by one person at a remote location while
the latter involves simultaneous measurment of transmitter power
output while observing antenna direction/placement and received
signal strength to ensure what is being tested is in fact what was
being used before the inspection. Those observations must be made
at a point sufficiently removed from the antenna to avoid instrument
overload, and therefore requires at least two people and communication
between them.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane