Old February 27th 05, 02:27 AM
Buck

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:07:03 -0500, "Dee Flint"
wrote:

"Buck" wrote in message
news
On 26 Feb 2005 03:06:41 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote:

Hello One and All,

Our Resident Antagonist (Lennie "I Am Not A Liar" Anderson) is a
bit miffed becasue there's no thread to discuss the "Morse Code Exam
Issue". Personally, I think the subject has been beaten until every
last bit of life has been beaten from it, but just to prove him wrong,
here's a thread, JUST for him.

Only new to me, perhaps, but here goes....

Drop the code requirement for all US amateur exams. Not for the good
of amateur radio, but to end this 25 year old argument!

Buck
--
For what it's worth.

Actually your reason is better than most. However I don't believe in
appeasement so I can't agree with it.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

LOL, I understand. But generally, this kills the argument someone has
who is trying to lure me into a discussion I am tired of. Around
here, we have two locals each that takes the opposite extreme, One is
not to do away with ANY cw and the other is do away with all. They
are constantly trying to lure someone into the argument either to get
sympathy or to state their point.

Personally, I would vote to at least keep it on Extra. I wouldn't
mind keeping it on General and introduce a new beginner level that
authorizes limited no-code use that is still useful and fun for the
licensee.

Buck
--
For what it's worth.