Old February 27th 05, 08:46 AM
Scott W. Harvey

Phil Nelson wrote:
"GBrown" wrote in message

The meter is for the R-45/ARR-7, airborn receiver.

Good eyes! The photo in the Halli book definitely looks like a match.

I wonder if I could use this meter as a sub while I continue the search for
the real thing?

It should work. You would have to create an adaptor so the smaller meter
body would fit in the larger hole, but it would work better than what
you've got now.

According to the book, the R-45/ARR-7 is a contemporary of the SX-28 and
electrically very similar (except for phones-only audio and external power
supply).

The R-45 is essentially an airborne SX-28 with an added zero-gain RF
stage to keep RF radiation levels down to prevent enemy radar from
homing in on the receiver while in use. I have one in the queue and it
looks like it will be easier to work on than a full-blown SX-28.

-Scott

--
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE!
Instead, go to the following web page to get my real email address:

Need a schematic? check out the Schematic Bank at:
http://techpreservation.dyndns.org/schematics/

Archive of alt.binaries.pictures.radio binary postings:
http://techpreservation.dyndns.org/abpr/