Old February 27th 05, 05:16 PM
Jim Thompson

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:08:23 +0000 (UTC),
(Ken Smith) wrote:

In article , Cecil Moore wrote:
Ken Smith wrote:
At the point where it fails, the output goes to zero, I assume. If so,
wouldn't that be the impedance as I've been defining it.

Is an amp that fails at one minute with 100w FM
better matched than an amp that fails at two minutes
with 100w CW?

No, you've got the concept backwards. Obviously the worst matched is the
1 o=minute case, next would be the 2 minute case and so on up to one which
runs for about its MTBF at the connected load. This last case would
likely be the one the designer was targeting.

--

It's been thirty years since I "hammed". I was only interested in the
electronics, not the talking, so I dropped out after I got a homemade

But I vaguely recall a 5/8 wavelength antenna that had a good
low-angle pattern.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |