Old February 27th 05, 05:43 PM
Alun L. Palmer

Dave Heil wrote in news:42220344.9E902FD4
@earthlink.net:

"Alun L. Palmer" wrote:

When they do repeal the code test, we will all have to nag Len to get a
licence, as he will have no excuse

Len really has no excuse now. He has had the no code option available
to him for a long, long time now. He has told us on a number of
occasions that HF access has little importance and that all the action
is on the VHF/UHF bands. He could have been there for years with no
morse testing as an excuse. He hasn't overcome inertia.

When and if morse code testing is removed as part of the process in
getting an amateur radio license in the U.S., there are just a few "Len"
scenarios. Leonard could make good on his "Extra right out of the box"
if we redefine the word "right". Len could continue to do nothing about
obtaining an amateur radio license (my guess as a likely scenario). Len
might have to take up an entirely new self-appointment as advocate for
something else in which he is not involved. He might even take up a
different area of amateur radio in which to be a bystander. He is
already priming the pump in rec.radio.amateur.homebrew where he has
recently entertained the troops.

I understand that Len is already eyeing the British Monarchy as a target
for future rants. He has discoverd that the royals have rank, status,
privilege and TITLES. They have a church with a number of parishes
called Saint-something. They and their supports are conservative
traditionalists. The entire British Isles are loaded with lodge halls
repleat with rules for keeping out the riff-raff.

Dave K8MN

I'm a VE. Is there some way we could arrange to send three VEs around to
his house when the code test is repealed? We would announce it in advance
of course, to comply with all the rules, on here naturally.