Old February 27th 05, 06:32 PM
Alun L. Palmer

wrote in news:1109527398.947541.9760
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

From: "Alun L. Palmer" on Sun, Feb 27 2005 3:17 am
wrote in news:1109453914.521433.288070
:
From: "Alun L. Palmer" on Sat, Feb 26 2005 6:48 pm
Buck wrote in
m:
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 04:11:18 GMT, robert casey
wrote:

get Elemnt 1 abolished without going through this whole NPRM cycle.
We all know what happened to that idea. BTW, where is Carl anyway?

Carl Stevenson has been very busy working with the IEEE 802
groups on wireless standards (among other things).

Please fill us in, Alun, what happened with that NPRM cycle?
Last I saw, NO NPRM had been released yet concerning test
element 1. The only one released was a general "housekeeping"
update of amateur radio regulations.

That's the thing, we are in that cycle, but still waiting for the NPRM
to be issued. NCI hoped to short circuit this process, but failed.

NCI cannot have "failed" an NPRM that hasn't been released yet.

They were trying to get administrative action, i.e. no petitions, no NPRM,
just have the FCC remove the requirement. Not surprisingly, they failed.
Now we have 19 petitions and a long wait for an NPRM

lots snipped

It's worse when some insufferable, self-righteous "mama"
wants to "discipline children as parents do" in here.

Alun