Old February 28th 05, 02:25 AM
Steve Sobol

Eric F. Richards wrote:
Steve Sobol wrote:

Followups set to rrb only, because I don't know how applicable this is to
shortwave.

Cleveland stations:

WNCX -- "North Coast"
WCLV -- "Cleveland"

I forgot about those. Actually, WNCX = "North Coast eXpress to Rock and Roll"
and that's how they ID'd themselves when they signed on in 1987.

WUAB -- "United Artists Broadcasting"
WKBF -- "Kaiser Broadcasting" (looong defunct)

These, I didn't know about.

others, that I'd have to think on -- I haven't lived in Cleveland in
15 years.

Lessee, there are a couple more. KKJZ Long Beach, California - "K-Jazz",
simulcasting on KUOR Redlands, owned by the University of Redlands. KKJZ is
licensed to Cal State, Long Beach, IIRC.

Apropos of WCLV, Los Angeles's classical station is KMZT 105.1, "K-Mozart."

Los Angeles also has Kiss 102.7 (KIIS) and "Coast" 103.5 (KOST).

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)