Old February 28th 05, 03:55 AM
Don Winn

Default Proper Phasing of two Andrew DB224 Antennas

I would like to install two Andrew DB224 4-element colinear antennas as a
DB228 (8 element). When the antennas were ordered to replace a Celwave P654, I
was told that two 224 and and the proper phasing harness would be the same. The
antennas and harness were ordered but I have a problem. The antennas were
shipped but I'm now told the phasing harness for the amateur frequencies (-007)
is no longer available. I have received some information on the phasing harness
but from the drawings provided, the two outputs are not the same length
therefore will not be in phase. Since the antennas are the same, wouldn't the
two outputs of the phasing harness be in phase or is it normal to provide some
downward tilt. Unless I'm badly mistaken,the antenna element should be fed
in-phase giving maximun gain in the horz.direction.
Don AF4Z