Old February 28th 05, 03:56 PM
G7TMG

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On 27 Feb 2005 23:15:07 GMT, Bob Nielsen
wrote:

Yes, that's right. But it means he would need to apply to the FCC for
a reciprocal license.

Not required anymore. See

http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/amateur/about/recoperating.html
(including the footnote).

Yes, the footnote which limits permitted operation to be within

"The operating terms and conditions of the amateur service
license granted by the alien's government".

His UK license [Paragraph 11(1)(a)] states:

"The Licensee may operate in countries which have implemented CEPT
Recommendation T/R 61-01 in accordance with the following terms:

The Licensee shall
(a) be a temporary visitor and non-resident in the host country."

Nothing could be clearer than that.

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

Walt,

Thanks for pointing that out. I haven't had a good look through BR68 for a
while (since I last renewed my ticket about 7 years ago) but did ask the
Radio Licensing Centre when renewing this time as to using my licence in the
USA - they said "You will need to check with the US authorities for any
restrictions etc."

Interestingly 11 (1) (c) also states "The licensee shall comply with the
requirements applicable to the use of wireless telegraphy apparatus at the
location of operation in the host country"

Do you think this also implies that a valid cw test would be needed by UK
full licence holders while on vacation in the US for HF?

I can read it either way but suspect it does.

73's, G7TMG.