Old March 1st 05, 01:48 AM
Jack Painter

"Buck" wrote
/snip
One of my plans for my next QTH will be to mount feed-through SO-239s
on an metal plate and connect my lightning arresters and ground them
before the antennas come into the shack. Based on your message, I am
thinking that a good connection from there to the service panel ground
would be good too?

Thanks again,
--
73 for now
Buck

Yes Buck, it would be good. Real good ;-)

Even if you add a 120/240v service branch panel to your new shack (as I
did), NEC prohibits a separate neutral/ground bonding at that panel. For our
purposes, it could be argued that we would be much safer if we could do
that, and then let that ground share with the station single point ground.
But if you ever had a fire for any reason the insurance would distance
themselves from you fast when they saw that. Better to stay code and suffer
the (cost) consequences of making the bond to the main service entrance.

73,
Jack