Old March 1st 05, 05:16 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Michael wrote:

I was anticipating that exact sentiment to be expressed here. If and when
it becomes economically prohibitive for powerhouse networks to broadcast
over the airwaves due to all the lord high advertising revenue going
satellite, it will only open the way WIDE OPEN for a group of "rebels" to
make use of good old fashioned radio. As a matter of fact, if you have just
five cents worth of socio-psychology, you'd understand full well that there
would be a huge group of people that would turn from the main stream and
tune into the new age "underground" culture that uses good old fashioned
radio waves to bring their message, music, media etc free of the oppressive
commercial laden satellite jerk-offs.

Bank on it.... If and when satellite does away with radio, radio will become
free, and unencumbered by mass-media money grubbing pigs, and thus, attract
the masses again until it becomes commercialized again.

In short... Radio wont die... Just evolve... At the very worst, it will
indeed even become way more interesting then it is now.

Michael

My view on Stern and his type going to satellite is: Good-bye, why
are you still here? Maybe all of talk radio will follow as well. I live
near Ocala Fl and there is no decent radio around here. After hurricanes
Frances and especially Jeanne the stations were off the air. No local
news, hardwired telephone service was spotty and the cell system was
almost useless. What did we get when the stations started coming back
on? Silly kids yaking all night long thinking they are funny and bad
reports of where to find ice or water. The next station that came on
mentioned the hurricane and went back to Rush Limbagh. The last thing
people need when they have no power, little food or water is boring
syndicated talk radio. If I was working there I would have pushed to
get as much accurate information as I could to the people who needed
it. What good would Satellite radio be during a disaster? Let them
have the rubbish they deserve. Even though my favorite AM radio station
is on Sirius, I can't, and won't spend a monthly fee like that for one
radio station. FOr the same price I can get broadband internet instead
of dialup and listen to a stream while stuck at home all the time.

--
Beware of those who post from srvinet.com!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida