Old March 1st 05, 05:16 AM
Smokey

Yeh. yeh, yeh...
and by the late 1900s my fifth grade teacher told us we'd all be riding
around in air suspension cars. Yawn. This rally 'round the "new
technologies" is crap. Few of these things work as well as we are told they
do on paper. And those who are most enthused are those who stand to gain
financially. Period.
We're all fools to gobble up this gadgetry that rarely works as well as it
is touted. It is nothing more than a planned cycle to keep us buying. Take a
look at your local thrift store and see what you paid $400 for only ten
years ago that is now "obsolete." Yup, we're damned gullible idiots. And
those in the "new technologies" business are laughing their asses off at us.

"Fredrick Garvin" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 01:23:41 +0000, Mike Terry expelled the following:

Wired magazine has dedicated their March issue to what they call "The

End
of Radio" -- a series of articles on digital radio, podcasting, and
satellite radio.

http://www.kurthanson.com/archive/news/022405/index.asp

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.03/stern.html

Chicken little reporting at it's finest I'll bet...