Old March 2nd 05, 03:28 AM
running dogg

I've got Radio Farda in southeast Texas at 0309 UTC on 7105 kHz.

Their web site says it's to Iran.

http://www.rferl.org/listen/shortwave/default-frd.asp

I'll try that. Yes, I realized that "Farda" sounds like "Farsi" (the
language of Iran) after I saw Iran on the page.

According to the Radio Sawa site, they're not on short-wave anymore.

http://www.radiosawa.com/english.aspx

Most of Sawa's SW broadcasts were to Iraq; I imagine that they've got
enough AM (MW) and FM transmitters in Iraq now that they don't need SW.
That's too bad, it deprives SWL's (especially those in America) from
hearing what exactly the US is broadcasting to Muslim countries in the
name of curbing terrorism. Having heard it, I can say that it was mostly
Arab and American pop music with some "news" thrown in. I really don't
think that any Arab teenager thinking of being a suicide bomber is going
to hear Destiny's Child on the radio and change his mind.