Old March 2nd 05, 05:03 AM

At the same time I ordered that first radio,the one with AM/FM/weather
band and two tv bands,from ccrane company,I also ordered one of those
round antennas that has a knob in the middle of it,I paid about $57.00
for that antenna,and I ordered one of those Radiometers,the gadget that
has four little vanes inside of a piece of glass that looks sort of like
a light bulb and the vanes spin around when placed in the sunshine or
under an electric lamp,because I used to own a gadget like that about 55
years ago.That antenna didn't show me **** either.Useing that antenna
with that radio,it wouldn't pick up KVOO Tulsa,Oklahoma (KVOO used to be
on the AM band) any better than some of my other radios.Any good company
keeps records of the products they sell and records of the products
returned for at least ten years in my opinion and if Bob Crane is
reading this rec.radio.shortwave news group (which I doubt he does) he
can damn sure pull up the data from about six or seven years ago when I
bought and I returned every one of the products I bought from ccrane
company,except I did keep my Radiomometer though.When I ordered that
Sangean ATS-909 shortwave radio,I also ordered one of those shortwave
antennas that is nothing more than a piece of wire and a recoil reel
with an alligator clip on one end of the wire.I sent that stuff back to
ccrane company too.There is an old saying,The Customer Is Always Right!
cuhulin