Old March 2nd 05, 08:50 PM
gwhite

John Woodgate wrote:

I read in sci.electronics.design that Cecil Moore
wrote (in ) about '1/4 vs 1/2 wavelength
antenna', on Wed, 2 Mar 2005:
Richard Clark wrote:
There are no sine waves in nature, so by this contortion of logic from
above there are no s-domains (?). Why are there no sine waves in
nature? Because nature is bounded by the Big Bang (a discontinuity)
at one end, and has yet to fulfill its infinite extent.

One would think that a 12 billion year windowing
would be close enough. :-)

Not only that, but since by definition the Universe started at T=0, any
'sine wave' that starts at a positive zero-crossing is at any later time
indistinguishable from a real one that started at T=0.

Not if we were there the moment the later wave turned on. I heard that amateur
operators hate splatter. RC appears to be an exception, however.