Old March 2nd 05, 05:49 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Brian Denley wrote:

dxAce wrote:
John Plimmer wrote:

Well, the most dangerous part of the flight is over = the take off
fully loaded with fuel seems successful.
Hope you guys can catch a recording of the flight, as the flightpath
lies far from my QTH.
Very exciting!

Steve:
Any info yet on HF comm freqs for the Global Flyer?

No, I haven't seen any. I listened late afternoon and early evening to 11300 as
Global Flyer transited Egypt but heard nothing. He may have been asleep at the
time and had the aircraft on auto-pilot. (although his website says he was
awake. He is traveling at a very high altitude, and ATC may not be terribly
concerned about him).

The problem now will be, at least from here, is that the ATC frequencies he
might possibly use will be difficult to hear propagationally, at least from
here, though possibilities still exist.

At present (1440) he is over halfway home and just east of Shanghai, China over
the water again.

There may be a fuel supply problem, and the mission MIGHT have to be aborted. See:

http://www.virginatlanticglobalflyer...ues_update.jsp

dxAce
Michigan
USA