Old March 2nd 05, 06:52 PM
dxAce

John Plimmer wrote:

Trying at 1830 z on NP and CWP frequencies, but = no luck - propagation not
good
I see now that he is very likely to run out of fuel.....
Perhaps a landing in Honolulu???

That looks like a possibility John, but I'm sure they're looking at all
scenarios at this point. If he can pick up some decent tail winds the problem of
the fuel discrepancy might be overcome.

Steve

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
RX Drake R8B, SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D GE SRIII
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
Hallicrafters SX-100, Eddystone 940
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Steve:
Any info yet on HF comm freqs for the Global Flyer?

No, I haven't seen any. I listened late afternoon and early evening to

11300 as
Global Flyer transited Egypt but heard nothing. He may have been asleep at

the
time and had the aircraft on auto-pilot. (although his website says he was
awake. He is traveling at a very high altitude, and ATC may not be

terribly
concerned about him).

The problem now will be, at least from here, is that the ATC frequencies

he
might possibly use will be difficult to hear propagationally, at least

from
here, though possibilities still exist.
dxAce
Michigan