Old March 2nd 05, 09:39 PM
Richard Clark

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:30:45 GMT, gwhite wrote:

I said
Thevenins was irrelevent, and now you appear to agree with me. Ken effectively
brought up conjugate matching, not me.

This compounded with the denial of Thevenin is quickly closing the
available matching mechanisms. If it is not about Thevenin, and it is
not about Conjugation, then I am willing to wait to hear what it IS
about.

Ah, at last a relevent question/statement. See my first post in this thread.

Mmm-Hmm

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:08:20 GMT, gwhite wrote:

RF transmitters are not impedance matched to antennae in the sense of maximum
transfer of power.

Hi OM,

As I've noted in the past, you can fill a library with negative
assertions without ever offering an answer, eg.:
RF transmitters are not Nuclear resonated to antennae in the sense of maximum
transfer of power.

RF transmitters are not impedance matched to antennae in the sense of maximum
balance of payments.

RF transmitters are not cosmically matched to antennae in the sense of maximum
psychrotropic power.

The list could go on, be completely accurate, and yet never actually
mean anything in the end much as the nonsense you offered from the
start.

You sighed with content at being offered a "relevent
question/statement" Your re-iterative response contains the same (how
could it be otherwise?) slack of precision that started this. Want to
try again?

You could have as easily expressed what sense they ARE matched, but
instead this time offer what Basis of Matching you are attempting to
describe. This is the more rigorous approach that eliminates vague
descriptions and uses standard terms. If you have to query about what
"Basis" means (used by professionals - namely metrologists who can
quantify Output Z of all sources) - then we can skip it as a topic out
of the reach of amateur discussion.

Note:
Again, RF PA's should be load-line matched.

Does not qualify as a Basis. It is suggestive of one, but because you
indiscriminately mix several Basis within your discussions, it is your
responsibility to be precise. If you can accomplish this, then we can
proceed to review how little it all matters.

Barring resolving any of these issues of precise language, I notice
that you rather enjoy fruitless jousting with them than challenging my
support of Ken's (supposed) statement that you say is your focus:
However, responding to the bald statement, I find nothing
objectionable about it.

That's because you don't understand the difference between impedance matching
and ac load line matching.

We will leave that as another dead-end.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC