Old March 3rd 05, 02:52 AM
Tom Donaly

Cecil Moore wrote:
Reg Edwards wrote:

Richard, your method of measuring internal impedance of an amplifier
sounds
interesting. (o/c volts divided by s/c current)

Reg, I tried that one time in college. I got as far as torching
two ARC-5 1625's driving an open circuit so I don't know what
would have happened with a short circuit.

Some of Motorola's devices might actually be able to stand
Reg's little test. The MRF150, for instance is advertised as
being able to withstand a 30:1 VSWR at all phase angles. I
think Reg should offer to pay for any damage sustained as the
result of this test.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH