Old March 2nd 05, 11:36 PM
Steve Sobol

G.T. Tyson wrote:
only after it was pointed out to the FCC that Mary Tyler Moore
Productions was neither a permittee, nor a licensee. Therefore, the
'hold' on the calls WKRP, from the TV series "WKRP in Cincinnati", was
null and void. None of the invited TV cast members accepted an
invitation to the opening ceremonies where the first record was
unintentionally played at the wrong speed.

Another side note: Apparently one of the creators of "WKRP In
Cincinnati" worked at WQXI in Atlanta during its Top 40 glory days and
based the show and several characters on his memories of it.

Leads me to wonder whether Q102 (WKRQ-FM Cincinnati) was named after the show.
I've wondered for a long time whether the calls were based on the show or
whether it was the other way around.

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"