Old September 7th 03, 10:52 AM
ckh

On Sun, 6 Sep 3903 19:53:50, wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 21:34:32 GMT, "Chas" wrote:

Built-in supply?? If memory serves me right, there are very few all
tube transceivers with a built-in supply. The only ones would be the
SBE-34(dog) & the Swan 260 & 270 series(slightly better choice),

Good evening, Chuck.

Yeah, I knew it was a long shot. ;-)

Actually I had an SBE34 many, MANY years ago and it didn't seem like
it was that bad a rig. I also had a Swan ... don't remember which one
.... and you're right, it was better.

The SBE's were solid state, not too useful after the EMP from a
nuclear blast.

KWM-2s had a strap on 12 volt power supply,

Actually I don't need a 12-volt supply; I plan to use the rig in my
motorhome running either off of a gas generator or off of an inverter
connected to the house battery.

You may be better off with any of the Yaesu FT-101 series.

But, aren't the FT-101's partly or mostly solid state, with tube
finals? I'm looking for something that's tube EVERYTHING, with the
possible exception of diode rectifiers in the power supply ... don't
even want a transistorized VFO.

73

Rick WA1RKT

de ah6gi/4