Old March 3rd 05, 04:49 AM
Charlie

Hi John and thx for the reply. I too used to sell verticals short and I was
mystified why anyone would admit to having a "ground mounted" vertical of
all kinds. But with a well built vertical and plenty of radials one can bust
pileups in DX...I am so pleased with my 5-BTV.

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

"John Franklin" wrote in message
ink.net...
Charlie............I read the posts with humor as well. Sounds
like you would like to do some serious field measurements. I will say that
one year for field day two friends and myself put up a 4BTV, with 32
radials out. We got out so well with it we took the 40M dipole down. We
worked quite a bit of DX as well, this was from a mountain top.
I think too many people sell the verticles short...............and I will
bow out at this point.

73,
WB7FFI

"Charlie" wrote in message
Using a Hustler 5-BTV ground mounted with 72 radials. I have heard about
antenna modeling but is there any way to do a real world take off angle
measurement???