Old September 7th 03, 04:15 PM

Default WTB: Collins KWM-2A

OK, per advice from others in this newsgroup, I am beginning my search
for a good Collins KWM-2A.

From others' descriptions here, I prefer the -2A over the straight -2.

My understanding is that it comes with either a strap-on-the-back
power supply or a separate power supply. In my case the
strap-on-the-back version would be preferable but not necessary. If
there is a 12-volt DC version of the strap-on-the-back power supply,
that would also be helpful but not necessary (I plan to run it from a
110-VAC inverter if I have to).

If you have one for sale, please send mail to
with a description of condition, accessories included, and ASKING
PRICE, and I'll do my level best to dig your e-mail out from under the
huge mountain of spam that that mailbox receives every day. But, your
mail still might get lost, so if you don't hear from me in a couple of
days, please try again.

(Maybe someday all of the spammers will be sent to that special corner
of Hell that's reserved for them, and we won't have to go through all
this nonsense...)

The closer you are to New England, the better. If you're in New
England or the mid-Atlantic states as far south as North Carolina and
as far west as Ohio, please let me know where the closest
general-aviation airport is, and let me know whether you can come to
the airport and get me.

Thanks and 73

Rick WA1RKT
New Hampshire