Old March 3rd 05, 01:11 PM
Reg Edwards

Reg Edwards wrote:
Richard, your method of measuring internal impedance of an amplifier

sounds
interesting. (o/c volts divided by s/c current)

Reg, I tried that one time in college. I got as far as torching
two ARC-5 1625's driving an open circuit so I don't know what
would have happened with a short circuit.
--
73, Cecil

==============================
Cecil,
Presumably you hadn't heard of Ohms Law.

The internal resistance of a generator is independent of its internal
voltage. Just reduce the drive level to some small, no particular value,
and stop making excuses.

( Somebody will say it IS dependent. But we are interested only in
ball-park accuracy. And in any case the operating point will be within the
normal range of operation between no-drive and full drive, or between no
modulation and full modulation.)
----
Reg, G4FGQ