Old March 3rd 05, 06:20 PM
dxAce

The issue isn't whether I'm trying to enter the hobby or not or whether
I like taking meaningless tests. The issue is whether or not the hobby
is interesting enough to attract new blood. From what I have seen at
hamventions and heard on the bands there are few if any young people
attracted to the hobby. It is certainly easier to ignore an obvious
shift in ham radio demographics than to do something about it. But the
decision to do nothing will mean the hobby will continue to grey and
lose active members.

I'm not surprised to hear the FCC talk about taking spectrum dedicated
to amateur radio or that they are approving schemes that will surely
cause interference on the ham bands...are you? Maybe the FCC
recognizes that the ham community is not the force it once was.

Question: Are you currently licensed?

dxAce
Michigan
USA