Old September 8th 03, 03:51 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article ,
writes:

Both the NCX-5 and -3 use a separate AC power supply, and the original

poster
wants it all in one box.

Having it all in one box is just a "nice to have". I can live with
them being separate. The only critical requirement is the one about
all tubes.

Pretty sure both the Nationals are all tubes -- even the balanced modulator is
a 7360 beam deflection tube. Also, the PS boxes include the speaker.

Incidentally, both the 3 and the 5 use the same PS, except the NCX-3 versiion
has a big dropping resistor since the -3 doesn't draw as much DC current.
--Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.