Old March 4th 05, 06:07 PM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:11:32 -0600, (Richard
Harrison) wrote:
"Physics is not application-selsctive."
True. The laws of physics are inviolable.

I would be surprised if some final filter were not used to guarantee
compliance with the rules.

Hi Richard,

Yes, that would be the technical marvel of the ages, but just like our
rigs, even the biggest FM transmitters bend to the necessity for
output filtering:
http://www.broadcast.harris.com/prod...%20Bro%2DB.pdf

There is an amusing claim, however, for their power module(s)
"Each module is conservatively rated to produce
850W of power into a system VSWR of 1.5:11."

Not a very good copy editing job is my guess.

Looking at the "efficiency" side of the equation is simple here too:
Power Consumption (nominal)
• Z2CD: 4.0kW at 2.2kW output power

55%
• Z3.5CD: 6.1kW at 3.75kW output power