Old March 4th 05, 06:33 PM

I don't think there would be a problem in beating that!
I would expect many could come up with one better than that at a feed
point height
of 1 wave length. Isn't the max gain theoretical obtainable just short of
16dbi ?
Allow for 0.5 db max losses seems like 15.5 dbi is obtainable.
( using perfect flat terrain ofcourse with a 60 foot boom 'big' yagi)
With all the experts that reside on this group plus a zillion of antenna
reference books
I expect many to come up with antennas better than that.
Isn';t all now known about antennas and placed in print? (Grin)
It just needs is a bit of research or an expert to share his knowledge
with civility.
Art

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:19:26 GMT, "
wrote:
Now say we have another antenna with a single feed that has a TOA of
10 degrees with the same gain as the big yagi !.

Hi Art,

Simply using EZNEC's freely available yagi design, I can come up with
a 11.4 dBi figure at 10 degrees. Can you say we have another antenna
with a single feed that has a TOA of 10 degrees with more gain that
this?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC