Old August 29th 03, 02:05 AM
brian

(Mark Keith) wrote in message . com...
(brian) wrote in message . com...
What's the best feedline for UHF antenna, 75 ohm cable or 300 ohm
strap? The antenna is to be used for recieving 674 MHz (TV channel 48)

Unless the coax is very low loss, I'd have to put my money on the 300
ohm twinlead setup having the least overall loss, even counting the
little balun you will need. At least when dry... Or at least thats
what I found when I ran a large UHF TV antenna for 420 mhz ATV. I had
the least loss with the twinlead. MK

Thanks for the reply, I'm trying to recieve a station 100 miles away,
the station is 1.5 megawatts non-directional so every little advantage
I can get will help.