Old March 4th 05, 10:17 PM
Jiri Placek

K3HVG wrote:
That wouldn't work now. A 90lb package would be overweight and
guaranteed to require a sizable fee (unless you know the gate
agent...hi!!). But... at least you'd know where it was!!!!!

I frequently fly with Czech Airlines between New York and Prague -
three to four times a year. The maximum weight of each of two allowed
checked-in luggages is 32 kg (70 lbs) and as a Frequent Flyer I am
entitled to 10 kg excess, i.e. one luggage of up to 42 kg (93 lbs). I
have checked 90+ lbs boxes several times and they even got "Priority
Handling" status due to my Frequent Flyer status. On one totally full
flight my large box filled with junque arrived while some other
people's bags did not.

Jiri Placek
Boyertown, PA