Old March 4th 05, 09:53 PM
Ducky

Joe Analssandrini wrote:
Hello Ducky!

Both radios are superb within their categories. When considering
absolute reception, the Satellit 800 is a superior radio to the
ICF-SW7600GR.

HOWEVER --- have you tried using a really good antenna with your

'7600?
Please remember (and note well) that the ANTENNA is far more

important
to good reception than is the radio.

A good DXer can achieve far more with a '7600 and a good antenna than
someone else with a Satellit 800 and a mediocre antenna.

Though it would be overkill to buy a Wellbrook ALA 330S antenna for a
Sony portable, just for the "heck" of it I attached my Wellbrook to

the
Sony. You should have heard the signals "pouring" in! (Of course the
Satellit 800 is better yet.)

That said, if you are truly interested in good short wave reception

and
are willing to erect a proper antenna, then "yes" the Satellit 800 is
EASILY worth the $300.

Best,

Joe

Are you saying that the SAT 800 is more sensitive than the 7600GR?