Old March 5th 05, 01:06 AM
running dogg

-=jd=- wrote:

On Fri 04 Mar 2005 04:45:29p, running dogg wrote in message
:

(snip)
Looks like Sam WAS a government operation after all. But I don't know
why the government put it in the middle of a ham band.

Possibly, but the hams tracking the signal thought differently:

"...Langer suggests that the origin was a contractor`s employee
having having a little fun on the radio. Obviously his or her
superiors got the message that ham radio operators do not consider
interference to their spectrum to be something to enjoy..."

If so, the employee may have committed the ultimate sin: Having fun on
company time.

Some organizations can't bear the thought of anyone having a good time on
the clock. It's like the sound of running water to a beaver. It gets on his
nerves and he has to put a stop to it.

Having a good time in the middle of a ham band is not advised. That
said, we ARE talking about the US government, which can't stand
independent thought of any kind by anybody.