Old March 5th 05, 02:39 AM
CW

"BDK" wrote in message

I had a bad transformer about a half mile from here and when it started
up, it was amazingly bad. I had to track it down myself (wasn't hard to
find, just a short walk with the dog and I could hear a nearly identical
sound like the noise I heard on all my radios, BZZZT!!
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!, and an occaisonal SNAP! SNAP! When I called the
electric company, I got the, "Oh, that one's on our list!" About six
months later, it wasn't done and was still about 6 months away from
being replaced. A direct hit by lightning moved it all the way to the
top of the list a few days later. It was well worth the 5 hours without
power to finally get it fixed.

BDK

Did they ever figure out who hooked the lightning rod to it?