Old March 5th 05, 04:15 AM
CWB

Did you order DB224-A (150-160MHz) or 224-E (140-150MHz) range models? The
harnesses on the antennas are for their proper range....the harness between
the two antennas can be easily made up of 75 ohm RG11 coax cut in ODD
multiples of 1/4wavelength (taking Velocity Factor into account!). The
lengths would be the same on each side of the T to the 224 feedpoints. Easy
to do....the harnesses on the antennas are made to match 100ohm elements
down to a single 50 ohm point.....but as long as both antennas are the same
range, you only need to worry about the harness between the separate 224s

Chris
WB5ITT

Don Winn wrote:
I would like to install two Andrew DB224 4-element colinear antennas

as a
DB228 (8 element). When the antennas were ordered to replace a

Celwave P654, I
was told that two 224 and and the proper phasing harness would be the

same. The
antennas and harness were ordered but I have a problem. The antennas

were
shipped but I'm now told the phasing harness for the amateur

frequencies (-007)
is no longer available. I have received some information on the

phasing harness
but from the drawings provided, the two outputs are not the same

length
therefore will not be in phase. Since the antennas are the same,

wouldn't the
two outputs of the phasing harness be in or is it normal to provide

some
downward tilt. Unless I'm badly mistaken,the antenna element should

be fed
in-phase giving maximun gain in the horz.direction.
Don AF4Z