Old March 5th 05, 04:34 AM
Dr. Artaud

running dogg wrote in :

Dr. Artaud wrote:

First, for the conspiracists, look, it's actually 6660 upside down.
Very ominous.

Oops, 0666 is 9990 upside down, not 6660, for some reason this thought
occurred to me while I was watching Monk, hmmm.

Thanks much for the response. I'll need to pay attention to this frequency
as well over the next several days.

Dr. Artaud

9990 is indeed Radio Cairo, broadcasting in several different
languages to Europe at that time, according to Passport. I know you're
Canadian, so depending where you are in Canada this could be a very
good logging, especially considering the poor conditions. According to
Passport, this particular broadcast goes off the air at 2245 or so, so
you could have just heard them powering down their transmitter.
Considering that Egypt is infamous for modulation problems, it doesn't
surprise me that powering down their tx involves a massive
heterodyning. Somebody else in the group mentioned that WWCR's 9985
freq was being interfered with. I'll have to tune in tomorrow and see
if I can hear this station.