Old March 5th 05, 06:10 AM
mike maghakian

the new tecsun PL-350 and the Degen DE-1103 would be good choices for less
than $75 and are available from the seller LIPYN on eBay.

both have gotten outstanding reviews and are very sensitive

wrote in message

I'm looking to buy a SW receiver for my husband. He has a cheap one he
got
at radio shack that he is not happy with. He likes to listen to the news
especially the BBC. He wants one that is small enough to use with
headphones
while he standing and walking around at work.

I could spend up to $150.00 on this. I know nothing about these radios.
I'd
like to get an idea of what would be a good one to buy possibly on Ebay.