Old March 5th 05, 04:13 AM
Ed

"Kap" wrote in news:1109991911.808194.28850
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Can anybody give me ideas or model #s for handhelds.

This is like a new driver asking for recommendations for a first new
car. There are so many different personal situations, and so many
models!

I'd suggest you go to some major ham radio dealer web sites and do some
investigations on your own. If money is a concern, then let price guide
your search. Also, I'd suggest you don't spend a bunch of money on a
radio with lots of bells and whistles until you get a hands on feel for
what you want and where you want to operate. 2M single band HT is a good
start. Start looking he

http://www.aesham.com and http://www.gigaparts.com

Ed K7AAT