Old August 29th 03, 03:20 AM
W4WNT

There is the World Radio Handbook, also called the Passport to World Radio
in later editions. It lists all the SW foreign broadcast stations,
frequencies and times of operation.

Good luck,

Time to study for a ham license!

Bill, W4WNT

"Walter" wrote in message
om...
On the surface, this sounds like a stupid question, but how do I know
my shortwave wire dipole antenna is picking up all it can?

If I live in the St. Louis Missouri Area, is there a list of stations
X, Y, and Z that I should be able to pick up? (thinking shortwave
here, not local stations)

And if so, If I can pick up station A from Egypt, station B from
Japan, and station C from Moscow, then I'm doing really good?

Just wondering.

Thanks..