Old March 5th 05, 02:03 PM
Chris Suslowicz

In article ,
"Larry Fowkes" wrote:

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
k.net...
I just got email from a guy who checked a 90+ pound military boatanchor as

piece of LUGGAGE on a flight from the UK to the US. This was some time

ago,
so apparently he wasn't charged for the extra weight.

I'm amazed that it survived, even if packed in a box. Can you imagine the
bang when that thing came rocketing down the conveyors?!

:-)

Phil Nelson

It seems that most military gear should be designed to take some extra hard
abuse.

Not really. There's loads of stuff on "careful packing" for shipment,
and the kit is normally mounted on shock absorbers for mobile use.

I just would not want my luggage at the bottom of the chute when it
came sliding down!!

Or underneath when it is thrown out of the aircraft?

Chris.

--
The steady state of disks is full.
-- Ken Thompson