Old March 5th 05, 07:56 PM
DougSlug

Au contraire. The Sony ICF-SW7600GR would be a great choice, and it goes
for $130 or thereabouts. It's a well respected portable in the SW
community, but it may be a *little* big for "walking around" (it's certainly
not pocket size, but well within the range of "portable").

What's the Radio Shack model he has now?

- Doug

"Jesse" wrote in message
wrote in :

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:14:25 -0800, in rec.radio.scanner

wrote:

I'm looking to buy a SW receiver for my husband. He has a cheap one
he got
at radio shack that he is not happy with. He likes to listen to the
news especially the BBC. He wants one that is small enough to use with
headphones while he standing and walking around at work.

I could spend up to $150.00 on this. I know nothing about these
radios. I'd
like to get an idea of what would be a good one to buy possibly on Ebay.

Whoops wrong group.. sorry guys..

Hate to break the news, but 'up to $150.00' isn't gonna getcha much better
than RS.
Move that decimal over to the right a notch, then you'd be in business.