Old March 5th 05, 06:19 PM
uncle arnie

If you don't understand killfiles then you've never been on the receiving
end of consistent insults and trolls. There are people who post in this NG
who basically ONLY insult others personally or insult their country. They
post aggressively whatever the topic may be. They alienate and annoy many
of us. These people don't respond to polite suggestions about their manner
of posting, and they often continue to post and post again in the same
topic threads until they finally generate a response. A killfile in this
sort of situation is like telling someone to stop bothering you. Like
finding an "off switch". Justified and necessary, unfortunately. There is
more than enough data to suggest psychological pathology and plain mean
spiritedness for a number of these persons.

To slightly correct you, a killfile is like filtering out static. Makes the
reading so much more pleasant

wrote:

I have never really understood the concept of killfiles. I mean, when
it comes to radio....we seem to want to WALK ON TOP of the other fella
when he/she makes you mad. We jam the living crap out of the person or
subject we don't care to hear.

A Killfile just sounds like the opposite. Instead of jamming, we're
just turning our "receiver" off.

So I'm suppose to be upset when you turn your receiver off and type:
PLONK????? I could care less! Everybody else is participating but
the killfilers!

Another thing: Do you REALLY believe these people killfile all of this
fine subject matter in here??? Of course not!! They're here because
they WANT to be a part of the madness that is rrs! If they were
looking for order and civility....they would go to yahoo-groups....or
something even more wishy-washy.....

Best o' 73,
Bill - WA8MEA
High Atop the Mighty TinyTenna Building
Downtown TinyTenna, Michigan, USA
(Just south of the Mighty TinyTenna Bridge -
the link between the Lower and Upper
Peninsulas)