Old March 5th 05, 09:39 PM
DougSlug

Actually, if it's AC hum, it's your audio cabling setup to your PC (ground
problem), not the radio. It might also be a CTCSS tone...I don't have a
calibrated ear, so I'm not sure what frequency it was. The VX-5 is a solid
radio (I own two of 'em), but the I agree that wideband RX features probably
unnecessarily compromise the design.

- Doug

"tom" wrote in message
probably AC 60hz hum, this yaesu vx5r wideband receiver is bunk. oh well,
what do you expect when you pack everything from a barometer/thermometer
to a frequency analyzer/voltmeter/scanner/corkscrew into something the
size of a pack of smokes.