Old March 6th 05, 04:37 AM

Default Echolink Problem

I just got a ham friend to install echolink and he's having a problem
that I've never seen. He can bring echolink up and sees all the
stations that are logged in. He has my call in his favorites and when
he clicks on my call the problem happens. On clicking, I get a connect
and everything looks good on my end, but on his end it says connecting
and then times out after 50 seconds. This happens with the test server
also. We had configured his router for ports 5198,5199, & 5200 and
disabled the windows and norton firewalls, but to no avail. Does anyone
have any ideas as to why he's having the problem. By the way, he has a
linksys wireless router and is on bellsouth DSL.